Getting used to STEM
Ideas to encourage STEM family practices:
– Propose family dialogues, create intercultural materials for families (iconographic, translated…). Use APS methodologies, data collection in families, etc.
– Make families aware that they influence the professional future of their sons and daughters.
– Offer young people the opportunity through STEM to show their abilities or successes to their families so that their parents and/or guardians value them.
– Make STEM more familiar and an everyday matter:
– Use programmes of great personal presence such as tutoring, mentoring, sponsorship, etc.
– Show local STEM: professionals they are familiar with, people they know, etc.