BEST PRACTICE 06 – KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE R&D&i SYSTEM OF EUSKADI-BASQUE COUNTRY
Organisation: Innobasque. Basque Innovation Agency.
Original name of the project: Training programme FIRST LEGO League Euskadi.
Duration of the meetings: one and a half hours.
Venue: universities, research centres and companies.
As part of the FIRST LEGO League Euskadi-Basque Country educational programme, two activities are carried out with students and STEM professionals:
– Scientific talks and guided tours in collaboration with companies and R&D&i institutions in the Basque Country. Young people learn STEM professions and contents in science and technology in real contexts with the help of STEM professionals who work in innovative projects of companies.
– Interviews with STEM professionals: young people have the opportunity to talk to STEM professionals so that they can share their ideas, draw inspiration and improve their projects.
- STEM content for all students.
- Great projection in the media.
- Development of transversal competences as well as technological competences.
- It is very attractive for children and encourages them to talk about science and technology.